In July I read 14 books!! Yep, it was a good month for reading! In previous months if I read a lot it was because Reagan was keeping me up all night. This month, thankfully, I was able to read so much because Reagan was going to bed early and sleeping late! Granted she wanted me with her and to be nursing, but at least that meant I was able to lay with her and read the whole time! 🙂
- Bare it All – Lori Foster
- Trace of Fever – Lori Foster
- When you Dare – Lori Foster
- Destiny of the Republic: A tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President – Candice Millard
- What the Duke Desires – Sabrina Jeffries
- ‘Twas the Night After Christmas – Sabrina Jeffries
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love by Numbers) – Sarah MacLean
- Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love by Numbers) – Sarah MacLean
- Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a duke’s Heart (Love by Numbers) – Sarah MacLean
- The Forbidden Lord (The Lord Trilogy) – Sabrina Jeffries
- The Dangerous Lord (The Lord Trilogy) – Sabrina Jeffries
- Train Dreams: A Novella – Denis Johnson
- The Ties that Bind – Jayne Ann Krentz
- Forged in Fire – Trish McCallan
Bare It All was the second book in Lori Fosters Love Undercover Series and it was so good, I also went ahead and pre-ordered the third book in the series! In addition, it got me thinking enough about previous books that I went back and re-read Trace of Fever and When you Dare. Both of these books were slightly related to the Love Undercover Series and definitely worth the re-read.
Destiny of the Republic was AMAZING. That’s all I can say about how a non-fiction book which drew me in from the first couple of pages and didn’t fail to keep me on my toes and fascinated the whole way through. The book is about the assassination of President Garfield, but in actuality it was about so much more than that. It weaves a story that includes the background and history of the assassin (Charles Guiteau), as well as the stories of Bell, Lister, and Chester Author!
What the Duke Desires reminded me of why I like Sabrina Jeffries so much. This book was entertaining and kept me on my toes wondering what was going to happen next and if the “real” Duke would really be found! This also led me to a previous book, ‘Twas the Night After Christmas. This was another really good book that kept be guessing and wondering pretty much the whole way through!
Sarah MacLean’s Love by Numbers trilogy was an amazing find! I’d never read any of her books before, but after getting started, I just couldn’t put them down. I’m always a sucker for a good historical romance and MacLean’s are just enough different from your average historical romance to make them interesting and hard to put down!
My Mom picked up one of the Forbidden Lord books and after reading it, I had to get the next one in the series! Once again, I’d forgotten how much I enjoy the characters and plot twists in Jeffries books!
Train Dreams was probably the worst book I’ve read in years if not ever. There was no plot, no story line, and the main character was impossible to connect with. I read it for our book group, otherwise I would have stopped after the first chapter.
Ties that Bind was an old Krentz book that I hadn’t read before, but saw on a discount on Amazon and decided to pick up. It was pretty good, but a typical Krentz book.
Forged in Fire was by a new author I hadn’t read before and was a pretty good read; good enough that I went ahead and pre-ordered the second book in the series!
Overall a good month of reading (Train Dreams excluded) and I look forward to seeing what I find for next month!!
Check out the other books I’ve read so far this year: