Reagan was a sassy kitty cat for Halloween this year! We didn’t actually take her trick or treating (she is still a little young to get into it), but we did take some pretty cute pictures of her in her outfit (with her *baby* pumpkin) and take her around Richland to see a few people (and get some candy).
In October I read 14 books, which was pretty good since we’ve been crazy busy so far this fall!
- Mine to Take – Cynthia Eden
- Mine to Keep – Cynthia Eden
- The Things They Carried – Tim O’Brien
- Die for Me – Cynthia Eden
- Carter Reed – Tijan
- The Atlantis Gene – A.G. Riddle
- Mine to Hold – Cynthia Eden
- Bound by Blood – Cynthia Eden
- Bound in Sin – Cynthia Eden
- Bound in Darkness – Cynthia Eden
- Bound by the Night – Cynthia Eden
- Bound in Death – Cynthia Eden
- Lose Weight Fast – Darrin Wiggins
- Dark Witch: Book One – Nora Roberts
So I kind of got on a Cynthia Eden kick this month, which is obvious since 9 out of the 14 books I read were from her! Eden is a pretty good author and I really enjoyed her series books. The other five (non-Eden) books were pretty good as well and included my reading group book (Things They Carried), the first in a new Nora Roberts series (ok, but not great), an end of the world book that was first in a series (Atlantis Gene), a weight loss book (ok, but not earth shattering information), and a random free book that was ok (Carter Reed).
Overall a good month of reading and I’m looking forward to next month’s books!
Check out the other books I’ve read so far this year:
Reagan enjoying Krispy Kreme for the first time!
I think she liked them… 😉
I cleaned out our closets over the weekend and had a big pile of shirts sitting out that needed to be packed up. Reagan thought these clothes were her own personal dress-up costumes and dug through them until she found two of Daddy’s shirts that she wanted to wear! What a funny and adorable little girl!
We didn’t get a lot of pears from our pear trees this year, but since we didn’t even know we had any pear trees until this year, I figure any that we got is pretty awesome!
Reagan also seemed to enjoy and appreciate the pears and dug right in taking big bites! It’s actually pretty cool how much she enjoys fruit picked straight from the plants and I hope we can have a much bigger garden next year for her to enjoy!
Reagan is Twenty-Two Months Old!!
Here is some of what Reagan has been up to this month:
- Climbing: Reagan continues to climb on everything and is becoming quite the little mountain goat!
- Books: Goodnight Gorilla is the book for this month and we’ve been reading it again and again and again!
- Talking: Reagan is continuing to say more and more, including “stop” and “go,” which are two of her favorite lately!
- Understanding: Baby girl understands everything Mommy and Daddy say. She might ignore it or not do what we ask, but she definitely understands!
- Helping: Reagan continues to be a big helper both around the house and outside. If we are doing something Reagan wants to be right there *helping*!
- Playing: Reagan has really gotten into coloring this month (crayons and markers) and taking her baby everywhere… including family pictures!
- Outdoors: Being outdoors is still one of Reagan’s favorite things. She loves being outside and we love how much energy she burns when she’s outside!
- Getting into things: Emptying drawers is still a major pastime for Reagan. She absolutely loves to empty all the kitchen drawers all over the place.
- Nursing: Reagan is still enjoying her momma milk in the morning when we wake up, throughout the day if I’m home, and nurses to sleep (and throughout the night).
- Solid Food: Reagan is a pretty good eater with fresh and healthy food, but definitely likes her *bites* (fruit snacks) and chips (either Fritos or Pringles).
- Sleeping: Reagan is still sleeping pretty good. No night wake-ups, but still dream nursing on and off (but not as much) during the night.
- Favorite things: Baby, coloring, tools, playing in the sink, emptying drawers, making messes, and reading books!
Reagan is an amazing little girl and it’s hard to believe another month has passed! We can’t wait to see what next month brings!
Reagan’s Twenty-two month video!
Saturday we headed to Black Barts Pumpkin patch. Even though we’d been a couple of places that had pumpkins already this year, we’d never actually gotten any pumpkins! It was a windy day, so it wasn’t that busy at the patch, but luckily the sun was out and it wasn’t that cold!
Reagan had a really good time walking around and looking at the pumpkins and not only gave them hugs, but also was adorable when she *hid* behind them and then popped up to surprise us!
We had a good time walking around the patch picking out pumpkins and definitely didn’t let the wind mess up our day!
After picking out our pumpkins and checking out some of the other things to do, we decided to go ahead and do the corn maze! We’d already skipped out on two mazes earlier this month, so it seemed like we should probably do this one! What helped was that it wasn’t muddy, the weather was pretty nice, and there weren’t very many other people going through the maze so most the time we had it to ourselves!
We had a really good time and will definitely be continuing our tradition of going to Black Barts in the future!
While my Mom was visiting we had her try and take some family pictures.Not only did I need a picture for our Christmas card, but we were also continuing our tradition of taking a picture of our family sitting on our front porch every fall (this is the fifth picture; we started the October we bought the house, which was also the year we got married!). Unfortunately it was the wrong time of day and the glare from the sun and funny shadows messed things up. Yet, we still had a good time and got some memorable shots… including that Reagan insisted on having her baby doll in all the pictures with us!
Saturday my Mom came down to spend some time with us (aka – Reagan)! We had a fun day including Reagan helping Daddy make peanut butter rice crispy treats, Reagan helping Grandma do the dishes, Reagan deciding she wanted to get in the sink and take a bath, and some coloring with Grandma before bedtime!